Mr. Portilla is committed to making a difference in the lives of others through the exceptional practice of law.
A man of high morals, Mr. Portilla has expertise in a variety of practice areas. Clients range from individuals to large national corporations. Throughout the span of Portilla’s career, he has dealt with numerous high profile matters and succeeded in getting judgments in favor of his clients. He is a client-centered attorney with unparalleled flexibility, results-driven determination, and a deep interest in both the philosophy and mechanics of the law.
Before opening his own practice, Mr. Portilla clerked for the Honorable Judge Webber in New York State Supreme Court. Subsequently, he joined a large Midtown firm where he was a managing attorney and practiced in the areas of complex commercial litigation, civil litigation and Bankruptcy.
Mr. Portilla earned his JD from Boston College of Law. Below are the highlights of Mr. Portilla’s experience and affiliations.
- Boston College, B.A.
- Boston College, J.D.
- New York
- The United District Courts for the Southern District of New York and the Eastern District of New York
- New York State Bar Association;
- Brooklyn Bar Association;
- New York County Lawyer’s Association;
- New York Criminal and Civil Court Bar Association;
- Association of the Bar of the City of New York;
- Queens County Bar Association;
- National Association of Consumer Bankruptcy Attorneys
- Bankruptcy Bar Association
- Hispanic Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Student Sponsorship Program: Mr. Portilla finances the education of an inner city student and provides one-on-one mentorship and academic support.
- Featured on AM NewYork, CNN Espanol, Daily News, NY1
We invite you to contact us if you want counsel that will fight for your interests in a smart, assertive manner.